Dearest mumma gave me a vegetable spaghetti the other day. Not quite sure what to do with it, I headed to the Milano’s Brothers website for some inspiration. Eureka!! Hannah friendly pizza it was. Here is the recipe –
- 1 whole baked Vegetable Spaghetti
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 red onion (optional for FODMAP)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Pink rock salt and black pepper
- Pizza toppings e.g., capsicum, olives, eggplant, chilli, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, protein, nutritional yeast (vegan cheese alternative) etc etc.
- Cut the vegetable spaghetti lengthways in half using a serrated knife. Clean out the seeds and pulp with a spoon. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pink rock salt and black pepper.
- Bake in a 180 Degree Celsius oven until golden and soft. Scrape out the vegetable spaghetti with a fork. Place in a sieve and squeeze the excess moisture out.
- Place all of the base ingredients in the food processor with the vegetable spaghetti. The mixture now looks like dough. Place a generous piece of baking paper over the pizza tray and carefully and evenly flatten out the mixture. Bake the base in a 180 Degree Celsius oven for 10 minutes.
- Cover the base with your favourite ingredients. Keep it simple so the weight of the ingredients doesn’t overwhelm the base.
- When the pizza is cooked remove from the oven and slice using a pizza slicer. It will smell delicious. You will be able to carefully pick this pizza up with your hand but l would eat it with a knife and fork.
- Enjoy this delicious version of a gluten and dairy free pizza made with all natural ingredients, and one that is low in calories. Nom nom nom…
Recipe From Milano Brothers Vegetable Spaghetti