So these ’Triple choc, caramel, nut, cheesecake, GF brownies’ may be the best things I have ever baked, and yes, definitely aren’t paleo, are a mash-up of a Nigella Lawson and Donna Hay recipe, were gone in a heart beat and thoroughly enjoyed by my athlete focus group for PhD studies. A few requests for the recipe:
Brownie ingredients –
225 grams dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
225 grams butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
200 grams caster sugar
3 large eggs (beaten)
150 grams ground almonds
100 grams mixed chocolate e.g. caramel choc, dark choc, milk choc, white choc (free reigh here, can also use nuts or add raspberries)
Cheesecake ingredients –
285 grams cream cheese softened
5 tbs caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Melt the chocolate and butter gently over a low heat in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Take the pan off the heat, mix in the vanilla and sugar, and let it cool a little.
- Beat the eggs into the pan along with the ground almonds and chopped chocolate.
- Turn into a 24cm / 9 inch square baking tin or, most sensibly, use a foil one.
- Process cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Using a knife or stick drag through brownie mixture to create a marbled effect.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, by which time the top will have set but the mixture will still be gooey. Once cooler, cut carefully, four down, four across, into 16 squidgy-bellied squares.
*No responsibility is taken for over-indulgence.