As we head into the winter months, it is time to start whipping up some soups. This recipe is ridiculously easy, can be made in less than 30minutes, and is incredibly delicious.
Ingredients (serves 8)
• A dash of olive oil
• 2 large brown onions, roughly chopped
• 4 – 6 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 large bunch of curly leaf kale, roughly chop leaves (I used 2 bunches but I love kale and the taste…)
• 3 large heads of broccoli, roughly chopped
• 3-4 medium zucchini, roughly chopped
• 250mL stock; I used The Merchant Stock which is gluten and dairy free, and paleo friendly
• 1.75L – 2L of boiling water (or you can use more stock if your wallet allows)
• 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, washed
• Salt (not table!) and pepper to taste
150 – 200g cashews, soaked in water for at least 3-4hrs
Lemon wedges to serve
1. In a large pot, add oil and heat over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add the stock, zucchini and broccoli to the pot and let simmer for about 10-15 mins or until softened. Add the kale stir until wilted (about 5 – 10mins).
2. Let cool, and then blend ingredients, including the basil leaves. At this stage, if you are using cashews, add them to the blender as well. Once blended to your desired consistency, return to the stovetop and bring to a simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!