Mar 23, 2014
- If I could take the tomato sugo and chilli from Maria’s Eggs Saganaki (w. vine cherry tomato sauce, feta & chilli) & combine this with my Baked Eggs (w. sweet & sour peppers & black pudding – did confirm this was GF & diary free), it would be match made in heaven.
- Eggs were perfectly cooked, peppers delicious, and sides of spinach and mushrooms were available.
- Enjoyed my ‘wild greek mountain’ tea (tsai tou vounou or sheppards tea) from tea corporation teas; it was slightly similar to green tea with a sweet, floral and earthy taste. It also known for being good for your health and well-being, and is backed by research (yes, academic nerd)!!
- Staff were super friendly and helped to find the warmest table in the house
- Not 100% wheelchair friendly, a few steps
- Head outside to the courtyard on the warmer days
The Ormond Provedore
- Usually this cafe is The Hurt Box training team’s regular post Holmesglen hill repeats on a Tuesday morning; it was nice to finally get here for brekkie
- The baked eggs came in a generous serve of tomato sugo, eggs slightly on the hard side
- Side of mushrooms were delicious, spinach was not available
- Gorgeous and very generous sized juice of apple, carrot and ginger
- Love the dark timber interior, flowers and paintings on the walls
- Was very spoilt by my friends here this morning, as it was my first ride back since fracturing my hip earlier this year
- Cycling friendly