It may not look amazing but this is THE BEST (roasted) PUMPKIN SOUP ever!!!
- Roast 1.5 small japp or kent pumpkins roughly chopped, 5 gloves of garlic and 2 roughly diced onions on 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 45minutes.
- In a pan, fry 3 tablespoons each of coriander powder, turmeric, mustard seeds, and 1 tablespoon each of cumin, cinnamon powder or bark in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add chilli flakes to your taste.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until desired consistency is reached (I prefer mine still with a few chunks).
- Return to pot and add a tin of coconut cream or milk (if milk, refrigerate for 1hr before hand).
- Heat and season with pepper, and salt if desired.
- Serve with roughly chopped coriander leaves. Enjoy!
Thanks to Sheila for the spice mix ratio!